Hello friend! Discover Jamb Cut-Off Mark for all courses and schools. Find out the special scores you need for your dream school.
Are you curious about the required jamb cut-off mark for your desired course? You have come to the right place. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) cut-off mark is the minimum score that a candidate must obtain to be admitted to a university or polytechnic in Nigeria.
Understanding the cut-off mark for each course and institution is essential to assess your eligibility for your desired academic path. In this blog post, you will discover the jamb cut-off mark for all courses and institutions. So, read on.
Factors That Determine The Cut-off Mark For A Course
Here are some factors that determine the cut-off mark for a course:
- The number of available spaces for the course
- The difficulty of the course.
- The competitiveness of the course
- The competitiveness of the school, etc.
Federal Universities In Nigeria And Their Cut-off Marks
Below is a list of the Federal Universities in Nigeria and their cut-off marks:
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University – 180
- Ahmadu Bello University – 180
- Bayero University – 180
- Federal University Gashua – 180
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources – 180
- Federal University of Technology, Akure – 180
- Federal University of Technology, Minna –180
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri – 180
- Federal University, Dutse Jigawa 180
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma Katsina – 180
- Federal University, Kashere –180
- Federal University, Lafia –180
- Federal University, Lokoja – 180
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike – 180
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa –180
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi Kebbi – 180
- Federal University Wukari, Taraba – 180
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta – 180
- Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi – 180
- Michael Okpara University of Agriculture – 180
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola – 180
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University Anambra – 180
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi – 180
- University of Benin – 180
- University of Calabar, Cross River – 180
- University of Ibadan, Oyo – 210
- University of Ilorin, Kwara – 180
- University of Jos, Plateau – 180
- University of Lagos – 200
- University of Maiduguri, Borno – 180
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka Enugu – 200
- University of Port Harcourt Rivers – 180
- University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom – 180
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto – 180
State Universities And Their Cut-off Mark
There are various state universities in Nigeria. Below I will list them alongside their cut-off marks:
- Adekunle Ajasin University–160
- Ambrose Alli University–160
- Bayelsa State University–160
- Benue State University–160
- Cross River University of Technology – 160
- Delta State University, Abaraka (DELSU) – 160
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu –160
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU), Abakaliki
- Imo State University, Imo –160
- Kaduna State University, Kaduna –160
- Kano State University of Science and Technology, Kano–160
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Oyo –160
- Niger Delta University, Bayelsa –160
- Osun State University, Osun –160
- Rivers State University, Rivers –160
- Sokoto State University, Sokoto –160
- University of Agriculture, Abeokuta–160
- University of Port Harcourt, Rivers –160
- University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom – 160
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto –160
- Umaru Musa Yar’Adua University, Katsina (UMYU) –180
- Taraba State University, Jalingo –180
- Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijebu-Ode (TASUED) –180
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago-Iwoye –180
- Rivers State University of Science and Technology (RSUST) –180
- Osun State University (UNIOSUN), Oshogbo –180
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology, Okitipupa –180
- Plateau State University, Bokkos (PLASU) –180
- Kwara State University (KWASU), Ilorin –180
- Lagos State University (LASU), Ojo, Lagos –180
- Niger Delta University (NDU), Yenagoa –180
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi – 180
- Yobe State University, Yobe –160
- Katsina State University –160
- Jigawa State University–160
- Kogi State University (KSU), Anyigba –160
- Gombe State University (GSU), Gombe –180
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai (IBBUL) –180
- Bukar Abba Ibrahim University, DDamaturu–180
- Abia State University, Uturu (ABABSU – 160
- Adamawa State University, Mubi –180
- Ekiti State University (EKSU)
- Ignatius Ajure University of Education (IAUE), Rumuoumeni –180
- Plateau State University, Bokkos (PLASU) –180
Please remember these are just the general cut-off marks. The actual cut-off mark for each course may vary depending on the institution. You can ascertain the specific cut-off mark for each university and course on the website of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
JAMB Cut-Off Mark For Polytechnics
The official cut-off mark for Polytechnics in Nigeria is 100. However, the specific cut-off mark depends on the polytechnic. Therefore, Polytechnics are expected to set their cut-off mark for admission above 100.
Jamb Cut-off Mark For Colleges of Education
Similar to Polytechnics, the official JAMB cut-off mark for college of education in Nigeria is 100. Therefore, colleges of education in the country are not allowed to set their cut-off mark for admission below 100. Both colleges of education and Polytechnics have the same cut-off mark for admission. A specific college of education might set its cut-off mark to be greater than 100, but not below that.
Jamb Cut-off Mark For All Courses
Jamb doesn’t set the cut-off mark for Courses. Rather, it’s the school’s sole responsibility to set the cut-off points for the various programs offered at the school. For instance, the departmental cut-off mark for medical laboratory science at Taraba State University is 180. While the departmental cut-off mark for the same course is 200+ at the University of Ibadan.
Therefore, before applying for a particular course at your desired institution, you should confirm the cut-off mark for the course. You can do that by checking your desired school’s website. You should also confirm whether or not your school requires Post UTME.
This is because there are schools that require your JAMB Score and Post UTME Score before determining whether you are eligible for a particular course.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the cut-off mark for university for 2023/2024?
The cut-off mark for university for 2023/2024 is 140.
- What course can I study with 160 in Jamb?
You can study different courses with 160 in Jamb. These courses include Animal science, Fisheries, Agricultural science, Botany, Soil science, etc.
There you have it. Above are the Jamb cut-off marks (for all courses and institutions). You should ensure to check your desired school’s cut-off mark from the list I provided above. Whether your school is a federal or State university, I am sure you will find answers above. Ensure to prepare well for your UTME exams and score a high school in other to beat the cut-off point of your desired school and course. Good luck!