The application window for the fully funded Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023/24 is now open. These prestigious scholarships are designed for exceptional postgraduate students worldwide. Each awardee will receive $50,000 per year for three years to support their doctoral studies. The selection process considers three equally important criteria: Academic Excellence, Research Potential, and Leadership.
In 2008, the Government of Canada introduced the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS) program with the aim of attracting and retaining top-notch doctoral students and establishing Canada as a global hub for research and higher education. Successful Vanier Scholars demonstrate outstanding leadership skills and achieve remarkable scholarly milestones in various fields, including the social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, engineering, and health studies.
Scholarship Sponsor: The Government of Canada
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Host Institutions: Universities/Institutions in Canada
Scholarship Worth/Value: $50,000 per year for 3 years
Number of Awards: Up to 166 scholarships awarded annually
Study Level: Postgraduate (Doctoral)
Subject Eligibility: Please refer to the eligible Areas of Research below.
Nationality: Open to all nationalities
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships | Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The eligibility and selection criteria for the Government of Canada’s Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships are based on the following factors:
- Academic Excellence
- Research Potential
- Leadership (potential and demonstrated ability)
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
Areas of Research:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering research
- Social sciences and humanities research
For more detailed information about eligibility requirements, please visit the official website: https://vanier.gc.ca/en/eligibility-admissibilite.html
How to Apply: Interested applicants for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships 2023/24 should note that the scholarship application process typically involves a nominating procedure. Candidates must be nominated by a Canadian institution that has a quota for hosting Vanier scholars. It is advisable to seek nomination from the institution where you plan to pursue your studies. For detailed instructions on how to be nominated, please check the official website.
- July – November 2023: Applicants should seek a nominating institution, prepare their application package, and submit it.
- Internal Deadline (varies): Applicants need to submit their application to the nominating institution before the specific date. Please contact the nominating institution for the deadline.
- November 1, 2023 (20:00 EST): Deadline for institutions to submit nominations to the Vanier CGS program.
- November 2023 – March 2024: Nominations will be reviewed and evaluated.
- Early April 2024: Anticipated notification of results. Nominees will receive an email notification when the results are available on ResearchNet.